Secondary, Seasonal or Rental Property

Whether your additional property is a secondary home, seasonal location or rental property we can find coverage to suit your needs.

A secondary homeowners normally includes all risk coverage.  This location is a second owner-occupied principal residence.  This location must be occupied once every 60 days all year round.

Cottage insurance provides named perils coverage including fire, lightning, smoke, explosion, impact by aircraft or land vehicle, falling objects, riot, windstorm & hail, rupture and water damage.  Vandalism, burglary and robbery, sewer backup and overland water are optional coverages.

Rented dwelling coverage can include all risk or named perils coverage for the building/outbuildings for a dwelling that is occupied by one or more tenant year round.  Students rental & Airbnb must be disclosed and will require coverage to be arranged with a insurer who specializes in provide this type of coverage.  Additional optional coverage includes contents (appliances), loss of rental income, premises liability, sewer backup, overland water and guaranteed replacement cost on the building.

As a landlord we recommend you include a requirement in your lease agreement for a tenant to provide proof of tenants insurance including personal liability at the time of occupancy and on each subsequent lease renewal.

Our brokerage offers coverage for vacation trailers, tent trailers, cabin, and fifth wheel trailers. Please see our Recreational page for more details on these products.